Putting foot in mouth

V. Allan Endel endel at tarleton.edu
Thu Feb 27 14:47:20 PST 1997

At 12:47 PM 2/27/97 -0600, you wrote:

>I'm sorry, but I feel officers should have an USmail address posted, be
>it their home address, a volunteer's address or a PO Box. Official
>channels are still official channels. We have to communicate through
>them.

I totally agree. Have those with objections considered what they will do if the
guidelines (when they do come down) state that officers must have some form
of net-publishable address?

 If on the other hand, you pack and run off in quiet,
>don't tell them what your doing and why, etc., they have cause to think
>you are up to no good.

Not that they won't find cause anyway if they want to, but this just makes
it easier for them.

>I'm sorry, but common sense isn't very common. Common sense tells me
>that if I am in fear for my life, not to publish my address/phone number
>*anywhere*, even in a limited circulation. Common sense tells me that
>officers of a group need to have their information published for people
>to contact them. Common sense tells me that growth within a group is
>good, and stagnation is bad.

Definitely.

>Ciao,
>
>--
>Phelim Uhtred Gervas  |  "If you want my views of history,
>Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   there is something you should know.
>House Flaming Dog     |   The three men I admire the most are
>pug at pug.net           |   Curly, Larry and Moe." --Meatloaf

Alan
V. Allan Endel, Laird Alan MacRonan MacCalum of House Mac an Ghabhann and
Keep of
the Haunted Grove, resident of the Canton of Dragonsfire Tor and the Barony
of Elfsea, Herald of the Canton of Dragonsfire Tor

Quote of the Era: "Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in
every way" -- Mac Davis