If there was no S.C.A.

Elayne Hoover elyh at wcc.net
Fri Feb 28 07:54:12 PST 1997

I for one know that the world is full of other organizations who do
similar things.  Yes, if the SCA were not around, I could still fill the
gap.  But, It's rare to find the many smaller hobbies combined into one
single club.  It's an archery club, a martial arts club, a camping club,
a cooking club, a sewing club, an embroidery club, a dancing club, a
research club, a historical re-creation club..... all in one.  If I
decide tommorrow that I never want to hold a rapier again, and I only
want to sing songs.....I don't have to leave one club and join another.
I don't lose contact with all my fencing friends.  If the SCA didn't
exist, I would take taikwondo more seriously, be more involved in the
drama departement at my university, find a sewing circle, and do my own
private research.  Yeah, I could do all the stuff I'm interrested in,
but I don't think I'd be this happy with my life.  I'd be really lonely.

Just my thoughts on it,
Ghia