Stefan's February files

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Jan 20 09:54:49 PST 1997

A Blending of the Past and Present

Here is the list of my featured SCA Rialto files for this month. I have
files for all interests. If none of the files below interest you, ask for
a copy of my complete file list. If you would like a copy of any of these
files, just let me know. I can print them on paper for you, copy them
to a computer disk or send them by email.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html, although it may be a week
or two before the newest files are online.

    Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036   markh at risc.sps.mot.com

I have a large number of new files this month:

amber-buying-art    How to buy amber. How to detect fake amber.
aprons-msg          Medieval aprons for both men and women.
arch-books-FAQ      List and reviews of books on archery.
basketweaving-msg   Medieval basketweaving.
blksm-anvils-msg    Blacksmithing anvils. sources.
blksm-forges-msg    Blacksmithing forges. sources.
Holy-Grail-art      "The Origin of the Holy Grail" by Lord Xaviar the
Eccentric.
IFBCB-rev           Reviews of "Iolo's First Book of Crossbows".
Magna-Carta-1-art   The Context of Magna Carta by Mistress Nicolaa de
Bracton.
Magna-Carta-2-art   The Barons' War and Magna Carta by Mistress Nicolaa de
                       Bracton.
Martin-Guerre-art   "A Peasant and his Imposter: The Story of Martin Guerre"
                       by Lady Isabelle de Foix.
mustard-msg         Mustard seed in period. sauces. recipes.
names-Norse-msg     Sources and comments on Norse names.
names-Scot-msg      Sources for period Scottish names.
rtn-bow-cnst-art    "How to make a rattan bow" by Jorgen Jonsson
salt-comm-art       "Salt of the Earth" by Lord Xaviar.
smoking-msg         Smoking of tobacco and other plants in period.
TEIO-Vikings-art    The Earl's Info on Vikings.(A good overview)
Xmas-art            "The True Meaning of Xmas" by Mistress Nicolaa de
Bracton.
wassail-msg         Spiced cider and ale drinks.

<end>