parchment

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Jan 27 09:07:45 PST 1997

Greetings,

Aquilanne requests:

*Hi out there.  Aquilanne here.  Just this past year I lost my Australian
*source of good, inexpensive parchment and vellum.  Anybody out there have
*any sources that don't cost an arm and a leg like the stuff in Pendragon
*does?  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

You might check with Rick Cavasin, known in the SCA as Balderik. He has
an informative Web site detailing how to make parchment and does sell
parchment. Depending upon what animal you want the parchment from, he
may have some in stock or can have it for you in a few weeks.

He gives prices on the Web site, but since I've not bought any, I can't
say how his prices compare. I do know that he does have different grades
as well as from different animals.

The following message is from my file parchment-msg.