ANST - A questionnare.

erland at ix.netcom.com erland at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 31 19:34:53 PDT 1997

> So without further ado....Bring on the Questions!
>
> How did you first get started in the SCA and how old were you?

1976, 16. A high school buddy was dating a girl who knew a guy that
owned a Sci-fi bookstore. Turpin Trollsaint knew EVERY SINGLE book in
the place, so naturally we started hanging out there and he introduced
us to his Household. Met another young fellow at the bookstore who
wandered into the House Thornwell gang via Jan's karate school
(Moonbear). After Thornwell dissipated, Moonbear, my then-current Lady
and I talked about forming a household and getting a bit more active.
About that time ('81) Ragnar entered the scene and our fates were
sealed...Fallowmoon was born, but we survived anyway.

> What make you stay?

Who could leave? All that is good and true can be found more readily in
the SCA than anywhere else I've seen. True friendships that endure for
years are born in a matter of hours. Besides, that's where my family
was... In the Society I found a perfect mirror of what I've always felt
mundane life should be.

> What did you do to develop your personna and why did you choose it/them?

Originally it was both 'might be Armenian' (because of nose size) and
'might be Basque' because of family origins. I settled on Basque because
there weren't many folks around who knew much about 'em. Of course, that
really annoyed Ragnar since he loved persona development so much.
  I've never felt really strongly about the need to develop a persona,
and research more recently has shown I wasn't doing too badly anyway. Of
course the first time I really jumped into a conversation in persona,
Good Sir Pendarin struck me! ...but that's another story...

Erland-still hidin' out after all these years, and it really IS my fault