ANST - A questionnare.

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Tue Jul 29 15:17:29 PDT 1997

From:	MX%"ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG" 29-JUL-1997 16:55:07.84
To:	MX%"ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG"
CC:
Subj:  Reply	ANST - A questionnaire
Hello everyone,

A lady on the East Kingdom list asked a series of questions that generated a
great deal of response.  She kindly gave me permission to ask them here in case
any of you would be interested in sharing with the rest of this newsgroup.

So without further ado....Bring on the Questions!

How did you first get started in the SCA and how old were you?

I was 23 working in a bar in Corpus Christi Tx, when I met Ashe ap
Orion and Ruis Blackstone (bar back and DJ) Who convinced me and my
then current Boyfriend Tiny to come to help at a work weekend for
the Althing 2.

What make you stay?

The thing that really hooked me was the last Lyons. The group from Seawinds
I camped with got me
involved in a yoke on Ragnar and a handsome fighter type (Cu dub MacCarter)
rescued me from the stream (where we were practicing our serenade for
Ragnar) on the way back from fighting the hill and asked me to join him at
the fighters feast. He took me around and introduced me to many people
and fed me mead and amber evernight.

What now makes me stay is that even when the politics get me down
and the vision I have of someone is breached by their dishonour, the
people in the SCA are still more (on the whole) intelligent.
 honourable, and active in positive
ways than many other organizations I have come in contact with. Also
when I want to learn a new craft or learn to fight I do not have to
change my aquaintances or loose track of my friends by joining a
new organization.

What did you do to develop your personna and why did you choose it/them?

Originaly my personna was 10 c Irish/Viking who worked in the Pegasus
Tavern. I was working in an SCA tavern whose mistress was irish
and I was bending to my mundane ancestry.
I am still doing research on celtic and viking stuff
but I (alas) have let my personna story fall into disrepair (I guess
it is time to work on it agian) for research into textiles, etc.

Lorraine DeerSlayer