ANST - Music in Courts-

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Thu Jul 31 12:55:53 PDT 1997

> when the peers were up mumbling oaths to the new king. (Sorry, but that's how
> I saw it. I highly recommend the group oaths. Do a group oath then if you
> want a
> personalized oath, do it later in a small court or on the field or elsewhere.
> True, the individual oath is more period, but they didn't do it every six
> months.)

Yeah.  Trust me, even the Knights were getting bored with it which is why I
decided to add a little schtick into it and I was actually heard at least 3 rows
away.  I agree that the oaths should be sworn en masse and then confirmed
individually at other times.  Plus that will give the oath-givers some time to
work up something theatrical.

> I appreciate having live muscians during courts and feasts and even more at
> dance practice. Someday, I may even take up the guitar or recorder again.

I liked them as well.

> Stefan li Rous
> markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Yers,