NEW TOPIC! "Great Books for the SCA Tradition"

Tyrca at aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 06:08:30 PDT 1997

<<  What books do you view as vital reading
 for "cultured, educated" SCA members?  >>

We have several books on our shelves, and pull them out lots of times for
reference, for discussion, etc.  We have a copy of "Parkers" for Heraldry,
"Arms and Armor of the Middle Ages" for stick-jock discussions, "Jewelry of
the Rennaisance" for designing ideas when Thorgierr is starting on another
jewelry project, and every squire is asked to read "The White Company" and
"Sir Nigel Lorring" , both by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  These are fiction, and
express an idea of honor and chivalry that we try to emulate and want our
students to do the same.

Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir (Sir Thorgierr's lady)