NEW TOPIC! "Great Books for the SCA Tradition"

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Sun Jun 15 11:47:15 PDT 1997

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Gunnora Hallakarva <gunnora at bga.com> wrote:
> First, I'd start with William Manchester's "A World Lit Only By
> Fire" (Boston: Little, Brown & Co., 1992) This is an excellent
> introduction to the period we embrace, written for a popular
> audience, so it's also easy to read.

I bought this book recently.  I didn't get a third of the way thru it
before I set it down in disgust.  (Set it down because I have yet to
throw a book at the wall in disgust.)  Unfortunately, I don't recall
what mangled facts there were that made me so disgusted, and now it's
packed in a box and I don't want to dig it out.  Any opinions with
more facts than I have?

--
Daniel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com