Reality (was: RE: Made to Swear Fealty)

Mark Davis joker at prairie.lakes.com
Sun Jun 15 10:37:36 PDT 1997

At 09:42 PM 6/14/97 -0500, you wrote:

>For me the reality is that one should always strive to behave in an
>exemplery maner.  No prize in the SCA, an award, title or rank, nor
>any prize in the "real" world, promotion, the man/woman of your
>dreams, or the last chocolate DingDong in the store at 3AM is worth
>behaving poorly.  If the SCA is helping people learn that, than all
>the hours we put in to it have been worth it.
>
>Aelfric
>Black Oak Keep

I'm reminded of something my mundane father told me.  He studied karate in
Korea and his  teacher, Master Kim, said, "There is never any cause for
being rude."  I'd say that the overwhelming majority of people in SCA
understand this. It's the minority that ruin it for us, and for any large
group.

Ld. Einarr.
*****
Support free speech.  Stop HJ Res 54! (The new constitutional ammendment
proposal to ban flag burning)

"Restriction of freedom of thought and free speech is the most dangerous of
all subversions.  It is the one un-American act that could most easily
defeat us."
--Justice William O. Douglas.

In the end, we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there
will be no words in which to express it.
                               -George Orwell