newcomers

C&C Shirk cshirk at onr.com
Mon Jun 16 22:02:57 PDT 1997

>        Amy stated in her earlier letter that she had gone to several guild
>meetings and been ignored.  I was wondering what guild meetings she had
>tried to attend.  I recently received a message from someone using her same
>mailserver and had sent a response to the query.  I sent a second response
>Sunday afternoon.  To date, I have never heard whether the recipient had
>received them or not. The person's name was Carol.  If this is one of the
>complaints that she was ignored then maybe there is a problem with my mail
>getting to her.

Hi there, Carol here.  No, no problem with the mail getting here, I just
haven't been home to get it due to a death in the family and emergency
surgery for another family member.  My apologies!   Amy is a friend of mine
who has been house sitting and is learning her way around the internet.  She
has been monitoring the list mail but does not reply to my personal mail.

Frankly, I don't know which guild meetings she has attended, but as for
myself (a fledgling newcomer also), I have been to a couple of events and
several dance guild meetings.  I found the dancers to be very friendly and
welcoming!  I have several other interests, but at the moment my work
schedule prevents me from attending many meetings or practices.  I do thank
all of the very nice people who have responded to Amy's posts however and am
appreciative of having a name/person to chase down.  ;)

I do realize that Amy's comments have caused quite a stir, but she is
entitled to her opinion.  I too happen to have visited the Caerthe group
though and find them to be a shining example of true hospitality.  I do
think though that some very valuable points have been made lately about how
it is everyone's job to get to know each other, newcomer and old-timer alike.
I hope to be meeting more of you very soon!

Carol
aka Tambriel