Magic moments

jackser at okway.okstate.edu jackser at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Jun 23 17:44:17 PDT 1997

     I would have to say that the most magical time I ever had was when I
     was cleaning in the kitchen on Sunday morning and I was called into
     court by their excellencies of Northkeep the weekend of their
     investiture.  I came running out of the kitchen and fell to my knees
     begging forgiveness for what ever I had done. Then my grandparents
     Beorlic and Elizabeta gave to me my grandfathers brown cloak that I so
     dearly loved for all of the hard work that I had done for the shire
     then Barony of Northkeep and then my mother Gwennan who looking as
     regal as only she can( My mom looks regal even cutting onions) asked
     their excellencies if she could speak to their populace and preceded
     to tell them that I, her son had come of age and that I had proven
     myself as the head server and she then gave to me the spoonwhip that
     she used whenever she was in charge of the servers during feast. It
     was one of the most magical times that I have experienced in the SCA.
     I also know that it will not be the last.

                Lord Owen ap Aeddan ap Trahaearn
                First born son of the House Winbourne
                One of the founders of Wrymschlauger
                Member of the Liondragon Guard