The Peerages...

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Mon Jun 2 09:56:10 PDT 1997

 What's wrong with just saying what
> you do that's good enough to have warranted a Laurel?  Let's face it, if it
> -weren't- for that field of expertise, the Laurel thing wouldn't happen,
> would it?

I totally agree with Mistress Aquilanne.  I have heard Laurels say that you
shouldn't get an Iris unless you have two or more thistles.  Speaking as someone
who is basically a "one trick pony" in the A&S field who has an Iris it's good to
know that this isn't a majority opinion.

Having a Mastery of several arts is an immense accomplishment and those talented
people I honor greatly.  But I once heard the definition of a Laurel as someone
who could make a living in their art in the Middle Ages.  I also greatly admire
someone who is an undisputed Master of one subject.  I feel there should be no
dispute amoung the qualities of A&S.

> Just throwing some alien perspective around.

Just throwing some native perspective of someone who will never be a Laurel
around.

> Aquilanne

Gunthar