The Peerages...

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Mon Jun 2 15:08:09 PDT 1997

Pug Bainter wrote:

> One that concerns me is that I am continuously reminded that Laurels
> don't get their "laurel" in anything when I try to find assistance with
> brewing. Well that then means that they are apparently expert in
> everything. (It's like a PhD in my eyes, yes, you may know a little bit
> about other things, but you know a lot about one topic and this is what
> you got yoru PhD in.) If someone who doesn't know better thinks this,
> they may be listening to the wrong person on a topic.

Hey Pug....
I just wanted to clarify a point with the laurels.  It is true...a
laurel does not get made in this kingdom for expertise in a single
area.  It is preferred to have knowledge in a number of areas.  For
example, My main area of expertise is cooking.  I also have knowledge of
cordials, tablet and inkle weaving and a little knowledge of brewing.
Does that make me an expert in all fields?  Hardly....If I am asked to
judge an area I am unfamiliar with....i usually try to find someone that
has expertise in that area of A&S...and I will search out any artisan
that has a level of expertise in that area.

In Service.....

Meadhbh