A&S STandards and The Lack Thereof in Ansteorra

William E. Cole wec1 at airmail.net
Sun Jun 8 21:37:29 PDT 1997

If I may make a simple observation and suggestion...

  I have been thinking back to the last few events I have gone to where
I saw either a A&S competiton or display of some sort. I can not really
recall more than a few displays where there was some method of feedback
provided. Although most people who see these displays probably have no
training (or talent) for what is being shown, I still think we all
pretty much know what we find pleasing to the eye (or taste-buds, ears,
nose, etc) and could give some sort of feedback if there was at least a
simple notebook and pen available at the display to do so.

  Unless the artist is on hand to talk to, it is difficult to give
feedback if an obvious method for such is not given. Sometimes a method
(notebook, sheet of paper, etc) is provided, but often times it is not,
or at least, is not in an obvious (i.e. what into the tent, see a
display you wish to comment on, and see something to leave your comments
on-and don't overlook the writing instrument!)

Just a thought...

-William FitzBane