Reality (was: RE: Made to Swear Fealty)

SOC STUDIES camlewis at swbell.net
Tue Jun 10 21:26:06 PDT 1997

Mjccmc01 at aol.com wrote:

> Hi Aquilanne.  Siobhan here.
>
> I agree with you that people often need a reality check, but I don't think
> that has much to do with the SCA.  Think of the blood feuds that result over
> PTA elections, Little League games, cheerleader tryouts, etc.  (remember the
> Texas mom who contracted a hit on her daughter's cheerleading rival's mother,
> hoping her daughter's competitor would be too devastated to compete?)

> Sorry I had  to Eavsdrop

If you are one of these types of people and in the SCA please quit.

We get enough "bad press" from people telling their bosses that they are
a medeval warrior and must have the weekend off to go to war with
Trimaris...don't talk about your personna to news media either when they
arrest you..."I am a fifteenth century warrior from France and I don't
deserve to be treated with such dishonor" and lastly, don't use the
words "thee and thou" when you talk to people on the street...we think
it is wierd
 again, sorry to BUTT in

Rabbit...ooooops

ALREK KANIN