Equal peerages (was MSCA vs Knighthood)

Lori Jones LJONES at ossm.edu
Tue Jun 10 18:36:20 PDT 1997

> > ..... no peerage title is "better" than any other.
> > Kat M.

> I would consider this true from a peerage standpoint.
> .....what about being King? With the crown
> going to the winner of a heavy weapons tournament,
> doesn't that place a higher priority within the society
> on heavy weapons fighters?

> Llygoden Llwyd
> Barony of Weisenfeuer

Ever heard parents say "do as I say, not as I do"?  Well, I guess
we could paraphrase that into "believe what we've written, not what
we've shown".  This is one of those things that I'm sure must've come
from the fact that certain aspects of our society came before other
aspects.  Like the first crown tournament probably came before
the idea of Laurels or Pelicans.  If it hadn't, things would very
likely be different today - and they are, in many other kingdoms!
I really think it's as simple as that.

Now, I think I'd better shut up about this subject  before I proove
without a doubt how little I know. :-)  Anyone got a better
explanation?

- Kat MacLochlainn