SCA's NEXT GENERATION

C&C Shirk cshirk at onr.com
Sun Jun 15 10:37:30 PDT 1997

Gwenllian wrote:

>While I absolutely agree that many SCA groups, including Bryn Gwlad, are
>not as welcoming to newcomers as they should be, I also think that the
>reality of the situation requires newcomers to take some responsibility for
>getting involved in the group.

If you will re-read my post, you will notice that I have tried repeatedly to
approach others and attend as many guilds, practices and events as I could.
I am really quite sick of people trying to lay the blame on newcomers who
aren't agressive enough!

Many thanks to those of you who have posted and expressed support as well as
a willingness to meet.  I feel like I have new friends already and I shall
be sure to look you all up!  It is great to have this "extra" place to start
contact!

Amy