SCA's NEXT GENERATION

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Sun Jun 15 22:30:48 PDT 1997

Lady Gwenllian ferch Maredudd asked:

>I would also be interested in hearing what other groups do to get newcomers
>involved. Do you have formal activities like classes, revels, or newcomers'
>households, or is it all done on an informal one-on-one basis?

This topic has come up periodically here and on the Rialto through the years.
You might be interested in looking at what other individuals and groups have
done by looking at these files in my SCA Rialto Files:

recruitment-msg   (36K) 11/11/96    Recruitment ideas. bringing in new
members.
    (in the SCA-INC section)
newcomers-msg     (27K) 10/11/94    How to make newcomers to your group.
                                      confortable. Integrating newcomers.
   (in the UNCLASSIFIED section)

For the newcomers, there is the NEWCOMERS section.

My files are available at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com