newcomers

dennis grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 16 14:08:56 PDT 1997

Hi there. Aquilanne here.

Clare wrote:
>The statements that are currently be said are causing knee jerk
>reactions and I feel will accomplish little in the end.  By broadcasting
>how horrible and unfriendly people in Bryn Gwlad or where ever are an
>immediate defensive position is assumed.  You are tense, the readers get
>tense and nothing is done except people get to vent publically.

Clare, that's how people become aware of a problem: someone complains.
Apparently the isolated complaints that have filtered back to Bryn Gwlad
over the years haven't been enough to effect any constructive response,
since the same complaint keeps being generated. If the individual complaints
aren't enough to effect a response, then obviously something stronger is
needed to get people's attention. That's what is happening. It's not a bad
thing. Much like pain is the body's way of telling you something is wrong,
and the more severe the injury, the louder the pain, as a rule. The
statements being made and the public venting is a simply pretty loud
indication that the injury is severe and requires some major attention.

Don't resent or be afraid of discontent. Therein lies the seed of potential
new growth.

Aquilanne