Magic Moments

Burke McCrory burkemc at ionet.net
Mon Jun 30 19:47:44 PDT 1997

At 12:52 AM 6/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Sir Burke has indeed opened a most excellent thread of conversation.
>
>Thus far, however, I have not as yet seen something which by rights
>should be included - - and prominently so...
>
>Burke, my friend, where is your *own* entry to this collection
>of recollections?
>
>Amra
>(of old, and still to some, known as M'Chib)

No, Amra you didn't miss it.

Since I started this, I guess I should post my Magic Moment.

Part of my problem is there have been a host of magic moments for me in the
past 19 odd years that I have participated in this search for the Dream.
The feast at Dream Tourney with HRM Sigmond, the death of Their Highnesses
Simon and Tessa at the end of the Principality,  the birth of a new
kingdom, HRM Jan's establishing "Coin of the Realm" at the first Baronial
Court in Namron, the village at twentieth anniversary event, the camp at
pennsic, seen from the Ansteorran tower at night, and on and on.  I think
perhaps for me the most magical moment is the look in the eyes of someone
who has just received a totally unexpected award.  The shock, surprise,
joy, and tears, sum up for me much of what this game is all about. That
perhaps is what I see as my magic moment.
If I have to pin down one event though, it might be Duke Seamus's second
coronation.  Standing there on the rock with everyone dressed in early
garb.  Torches providing the light, two shooting stars fell at the same
time in the sky over his head. That was a special magical moment.

In Service to the Dream

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
Kingdom of Ansteorra

mka. Burke McCrory