Lion of Ansteorra

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Mon Jun 30 20:32:47 PDT 1997

There was a standing tradition of awarding the Lion at Coronation, I
presume because the Honour was so important that anyone who was
anyone would more likely be at Coronation and unlike  peerages
is not announced before hand.

Several years ago after a couple of reigns had gone by without Lions
being made one of the Crowns decided to award the Honour at an event
earlier in the reign than their stepping down court, I believe
because the person the wished to serve with that Honour would not
be able to attend Coronation.

The Lion for this reign was awarded at Steppes Warlord. I would presume
that Their Majesties made this their choice because it is the Single
most attended event in the Kingdom and because the gentle now sits as
Baron of that fair and prosperous Barony. Master Edwin almost always
attends Coronations, as he feels it is his responsibility to represent
his Lands.

Lorraine