Lion of Ansteorra

Greg Rose greg at bronze.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Jun 30 20:43:21 PDT 1997

Aquilanne,
	Traditions may not meet naive standards of "fairness," but they are
the one thing which tie us to those who built the Kingdom.  In an era when
the SCA seems more to me like a bureaucratic social club than a medieval
re-creation or the close-knit chivalric society which it once was, perhaps
it is worth clinging to traditions, even if they don't entirely appeal
to contemporary taste.  I will simply say that I would rather never have
been created a Lion than to have been created a Lion in contravention of
the Order's traditions.

Hossein Ali Qomi
Lion of Ansteorra
(Gregory Rose)