Apprentice/protege

Mark Wallace blackfox.mwal at webzone.net
Mon Mar 3 20:23:10 PST 1997

Master William Blackfox sends greetings:

	Here's my 2 cents on the matter of being a protege or an apprentice.
	I was both at the same time under HG Willow for several years.   I was a
high-profile figure in Ansteorra back then and I'm not sure that my green
cord was all that much help.  However, my consultations with and the advice
that I got from Duchess Willow prepared my mind for the attitudes best taken
by a peerage cnadidate.
	I know that there are members of each order who did not attach themselves
to a peer before receiving the accolade.  I would simply council that there
are certain legitimate advantages to becoming an apprentice or a protege in
the same way that being a squire has its advantages.

Yours in service,
Master William Blackfox