Who should fight (was)R

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Mar 5 17:57:01 PST 1997

> The issue of fairness is really moot, anyway.  Fair or not, Crown
> is the King's Tournament and can be run any way the king deems
> appropriate (i.e. a certain weapon style, a shield size limit, set
> pairings, etc.).

I would not say that "fairness is moot", except in the most limited
sense to describe current practice.  I would very much like pairings
not under control of the Crown.  Then again, I've heard rumors from
Them (third person paranoid) that the King stacking the pairings
is not uncommon, at least in Ansteorra.  ("They" were fairly well-
connected in the marshallate and with the list mistresses, so I
think there may be validity.)

Daniel "I order you to hold Crown Tourney, but forbid anyone but
my squire Joe to fight" de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com
Never use mcdaniel at mcdaniel.dallas.tx.us