Who should fight (was)R

Lori Jones LJONES at ossm.edu
Wed Mar 5 18:08:54 PST 1997

> >Kat wrote:
> >I have to think back several years to remember the last time.....

>  Rhiain replied:
>  I don't have to think back that long, when Richard was King, the
>  Crown Tourney that Mikael won last, my husband, Tor, was not
>  allowed to fight the tourney.  Later, he was asked to
>  fight the bi.  He had been allowed to fight in at least
>  two Crown tourney's before this, so I'm not sure what the
>  reasoning was behind the action.

Well, actually, the Crown that Richard ran *was* several years
ago - his reign ended Jan. of 95 (my, how time flies when we're
having fun :-)).  The last one Mikael won was run by Galen,
though, and was a bit more recent.  Although, the instance I was
thinking of didn't involve Tor.  I didn't know that the king told
him he *couldn't* fight Crown.   I think most of the folks I know
thought it was a decision between he and Mikael.

Knowing Tor as I do, I would find it difficult to understand his
not being allowed to enter Crown.  Was it actually the king that
told him he couldn't fight?  Did anyone give him a reason? - I
would find it hard to accept that he or his consort were
unacceptable.  How did his knight feel about it?

You can just tell me to sit down and shut up if you want to. :-)

 Kat    >"<

 Katrionna MacLochlainn,  Barony of Wiesenfeuer

 "The pupil who is never required to do what he cannot do,
   never does what he can do."
   -   John Stuart Mill