A Question for Everyone

Galen of Bristol pmitchel at flash.net
Sat Mar 22 08:38:20 PST 1997

Jeanne Stapleton wrote:

> > Yes, the crown does make knights on the field.  I am not sure WHO
> > has been knighted that way, (their name escapes me).
> >
> > meadhbh
> >
> I love field knightings!
>
> Reading the stories has been so great, thanks everyone for this
> window into your kingdom's proud history.
>
> My question:  what's the coolest peerage ceremony you've ever
> seen?
>
> Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
> Barony of Caerthe
> Kingdom of the Outlands

I have to go back to Rowan's knighting on the field at the first
Outlands War, as the two armies were drawn up into their shield
walls, the king rode in on horseback, dismounted, and called
for the Chivalry.  Rowan was knighted amidst great cheering from
two armies and the assembles populace.

- Galen
--
Viscount Galen of Bristol, KSCA, CSM, etc.
Paul Mitchell, pmitchel at flash.net / "noblesse oblige"