A Question for Everyone

Lisa A. May xylm1 at ttacs1.ttu.edu
Mon Mar 24 05:22:47 PST 1997

On Fri, 21 Mar 1997 njones at ix.netcom.com wrote:

> > I may be somewhat biased, but when Mistress Gunnora Hallakarva, recieved
> > her Laurel, it was done by having Ragnar Ulfgarsson bring suit against
> > the Crown of Ansteorra for not having done it before.
>
> It was way cool, but...*sigh* like most things that happen in court
> in Ansteorra, it was hard to hear exactly what was going on.  :(
>
> Gunnora, help me remember...was it Thora Sharptooth's laureling
> ceremony in TI that inspired yours?  I can't recall if that was the
> name of the Laurel or not.  :(

While I cannot answer for Mistress Gunnora, Thora Sharptooth's Laureling
ceremony at Pennsic XXI was, indeed, as described earlier.  Her Laurel
brought suit against the crown (Ruslan and I), a member of each order
spoke for her in prepared verse/speech, and we conceded that she had been
slighted and put it right.  Her oath of fealty was done in her persona's
language, as was our reply (talk about weeks of practice!  She sent us
each a tape and a phonetically spelled copy so that we could attempt to
get it right). So much work went into the ceremony, on both sides, that
it was really special for all involved.

Margaret

Countess Margaret ny Connor  *  Lisa A. May               *
Barony of Bonwicke           *  Texas Tech School of Law  *
Kingdom of Ansteorra         *  Lubbock, TX               *