A Question for Everyone

P. Crandall Polk pcrandal at flash.net
Sat Mar 22 18:31:46 PST 1997

On a personal note regarding peerages in the SCA.
When I first started playing, the various levels of achievment awards
was explained to me. The signifigance of the peerages impressed me and I
made a promise to myself. I have made it a point to always stand when a
peer is made. The honor that the SCA is giving is a great one. I wanted
to always have a part of it and this helps me feel that I helped show
respect for the Orders. After becoming a Herald and actively
participating in several ceremonies I appreciate the ritual all the
more. Whether it is a really moving one like Gunnora's, a joyous one
like (Sir Trixie) Rowan's, or even the out of kingdom one in French at
25th. I feel that this goal, whether actively sought or not, hold the
society together.
Crandall