Baldar blunts

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Sun Mar 9 12:21:19 PST 1997

>To: sebastianf
>From: psobaka at mail.myriad.net (harry billings)
>Subject: Baldar blunts
>Bcc:
>I did some more testing of the baldar blunts today. The Baldar blunts have
about a 10 yd distance advantage over my AWA. Confirming the finding at Ice
Ax.If they are taped around the end of the shaft when they break the head
and shaft go off together at an angle simlat to a glancing shot looks
strange but they don't go off at crazy angles, probaly no more dangerous
than  an AWA that broke just behind the head. They may be more likely to
break just behind the head though. If breakage is a problem a pice of duck
tape over the head may reduce the grabing and their by the breakage.
>I did have one mounted on a fiberglass shaft (1/4 inch bicycle flage). It
had about the same ditance as AWA. I did have extra tape on it to bring it
up to size so the head would go on properly.
>If any Baldar blunts are found that do not have tape down into / around the
end of the shaft I would recomend that they have tape run from the shaft
over the blunt and back down onto the shaft at least once and maybe a second
time at 90 deg from the first. This would also reduce the grabbing and
wipping of the shaft, which some times happens and some times dosen't. If
the head is wet and or dirty it seams to skipp reather than grab. It is when
the head grabbs that they appear to break.
>The heads seam to soften slighty after being shot 4 or 5 times then stay
about the same.
>I do not feel that it is going to enable some one to hit a fighter that is
paying attention to the archer shooting at him. It will just mean that you
have to be aware of the archers at a longer range.

Plachoya Sobaka a most insignificant archer in Ravens Fort Kingdon of Ansteorra