A Question for Everyone

Heidi J Torres hjt at tenet.edu
Sat Mar 22 16:03:03 PST 1997

I'll field your question, Gio, since Gunnora's going to be off the
airwaves for a bit.

Yes, it was Thora Sharptooth's Laurel ceremony that inspired her to do
that.  I believe there was a write up about it in a past TI, a few years
back.  It was an attempt to make a Laurel ceremony look as period as
possible in the context of Thora's Scandinavian persona.  It was really
cool, and Duke Mikael and Duchess Mikaela won much admiration for
handling it so nicely when we sprang this on them at the last minute.
Something along the lines of: "Do we have the text for the ceremony?" "My
Liege, we don't need one.  We're just going to file a lawsuit against the
Crown." "WHAT!"

It was fun.

Mari