Have you seen me?

eric caladin at mail.io.com
Sat Mar 22 16:28:54 PST 1997

Ditto,

except for the centurian part..

Caladin-

>i know the feeling on losing something like that.  luck for me it came back
>to me that same day.  if you are unable to find yours i would like to pass
>mine on to you.  i feel an award like that is so much cooler if it was
>passed on to you thein if you just went out and made a new one.  i hope you
>find your falcon but if not i have one i would be glade to pass on to you
>

>Centurion Phelan MacEwan holder of the sable falcon of ansteorra
>

>At 01:09 PM 3/22/97 -0600, you wrote:
>>OK, this is a long shot, but maybe .... ?
>>
>>I feel like such a dolt ... and I was reluctant to air this in public, but
>>... you ARE my friends, so here goes:
>>
>>I managed to lose my Sable Falcon within minutes of receiving it at Gulf War.
>>
>>It was given to me after the second castle battle & I hung it on the
>>trigger of my ballista, located about 30 yards from the front door of the
>>castle, and went off to fight the resurrection battle.
>>
>>When I returned, I found that my ballista had been moved maybe 150 feet
>>from the original location, presumably to make room for another happening.
>>But there's a trick to rolling my ballista -- if you roll it the wrong (and
>>also the obvious) way, it falls over.
>>
>>I'm fairly sure the machine fell over and the award slipped off,
>>unbeknownst to whoever moved the ballista.
>>
>>We scoured the field Sunday morning but were unable to locate the lost
>>falcon. There was no one at the check-in tent so I wasn't able to find a
>>lost-and-found area.
>>
>>It looks like a brass ring with a black-and-gold braid hanging from it.
>>It's my first society award and it means an awful lot to me.
>>
>>So -- if you've seen an extra sable falcon hanging around, please let me
>>know! And if anyone's got contact info for the Gulf autocrat, please give
>>me a holler so I can inquire there. The Gulf Wars website is gone.
>>
>>Thanks a bunch,
>>
>>Gnith the Dolt
>><swhite at cimedia.com>

========
 Caladin Ironhearth Esq.             |   Eric W. Brown
 Scotland - 1596                     |   3229 Parkhills Drive,
 (look fer  me by the keg, laddie!)  |   Austin Texas 78746
                                     |   H (512)329-8643
                                     |   W (512)343-8833 xt. 235
========
 Green and White havsies with an     |   "Always remember the worst day of your
 otherway swapie doodle thingy       |    life, it sure beats the alternative."
 that looks like an ^ smack on it.   |    My Grandfather, John Brown