New martial unit forming

galenbv at ix.netcom.com galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 31 20:19:49 PST 1997

Greetings!

Much has been said on these various lists, especially the armored lists,
about the need for more unit training and tactics.  Hear, Hear, oh yeah,
right on and all of that stuff.  Unfortunately, all I have heard so far is
people saying "we need to do this...we need to do that...". No one is saying
"Here is what needs doing, here is how and where we are doing it, and here's
how you can join/help(ok, maybe some of you are doing it, but you know who
you are and can ignore this).  The time for action is not next year as the
war approaches, the time for action is _now_.

So, in accordance with my own diatribbe, I wish to place before you a new
unit I am forming, which has been in the planning stages since before the
war.  As some of you may know, I am a Knight of the Teutonic Order (we can
discuss proper nomenclature later).  As such I am interested in leading a
Teutonic unit onto the Gulf War field next year, with appropriate pomp,
circumstance, heraldry and kick-butt attitude, to fight in the service of
our good Kingdom of Ansteorra.  We intend to camp together, train together,
follow a chain of command, feast and revel together, and dress to
kill...literally.

I call upon all of you with German personas of any period, or with non-
german personas who might have been found fighting in a Teutonic unit, to
contact me at this e-mail address, and to spread the word to those who are
not net connected.  I want to have a roster of interested parties as soon as
possible, so we can begin planning on training dates, events we can attend
as a cohesive unit, and other just plain fun.  It is my hope that this will
grow into a permanent unit to provide melee training and support for the
army of Ansteorra, not only at Gulf Wars, but now and into the future.

Join me...let's do it!

Graf Galen Eadwin Kirchenbauer
email to: galenbv at ix.netcom.com