SCA vs. Mundane

jsbosko at ac1.actx.edu jsbosko at ac1.actx.edu
Tue May 6 12:53:28 PDT 1997

Greetings,
  Now our community (from what I can make of it) is of 2 separate views
and that has resulted in a plus for the SCA.  The inquisitive minded
ones have asked me to teach/explain (Gifted Children Program).  More
importantly City Council members asked us to march in their parade (in
garb); gave us free use of the Community Center last Feb and want us to
hold an outdoor event here.  Hence, our Pas d' Arms will be in Hereford
and the town newspaper want to run a full feature article about it and
the SCA.  Others may balk at the way we act and dress but the 'open
minded' ones look toward ways of enlightening them -- If we respect
those around us, their views and beliefs, they will reciprocate in
kind.  That is why I'm hoping for a 'huge' turnout at this years Passa
(6-8 Jun) -- to show the people of Hereford that we are a true spirit of
a bygone era. My call goes out especially to Merchants -- residents I've
spoken with are dying to see our wares.

Lord Brennan of Acrubray
www.wtrt.net/~acrubray/passa/passa.html