SCA vs Mundane

Richard L. Rohde sales at microtutors.com
Tue May 6 11:17:29 PDT 1997

Gnith wrote, in part:

<snip>
It's kinda embarassing how quickly this thread has degenerated into
"conservative, ignorant, clean-cut Christian non-SCA bubbas out to get
us
pagan, long-haired SCAers."

Is there possibly a touch of pent-up hostility here?
<snip>

As a conservative, educated, long-haired Roman Catholic I would like to
say that I have too often been on the receiving side of this hostility
from within the SCA.  It seems that if I have to endure the pagans,
atheists and satanists they can endure me.  As to who is right and who
is wrong, ultimately that will be revealed in the afterlife.  I'm not
going to sit here and say "why can't we all just get along" as that
dogma flies in the face of reality.  What I am saying is "why don't we
try to act like courteous adults".  Fire and sword might convert some,
but the better convert is the one that truly believes.

Talen
-------
Centurion Talen Gustaf von Marienburg
Kriegsherr von Nordsteorra