Peers and students...

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Fri May 30 06:19:18 PDT 1997

  In theory anyone can be a student to anyone
> but when I joined (yes I know the dark ages) students were often times the
> name given to persons who had established a squire like relationship with a
> Master of Arms, they wore a red baldric.  I don't know how formally it had
> be used in old Aten but I know that it didn't last long as several Masters
> at Arms had squires. >
>
> In Service to the Dream
>
> Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald

Master Lloyd von Eaker was my master and he used to call the people he trained his
students until Lady Syf.  He would call her his student and she would basically
say "Yes, boss." Then wear her red belt and proudly proclaim herself as a squire.
Lloyd finally gave in and all of us that came after wore red belts and were
squires.

No one under Lloyd's banner wore red baldrics as far as I know.

Yers,

Gunthar