SCA vs Mundane

J'lynn Yeates jyeates at bga.com
Tue May 6 09:28:30 PDT 1997

On  6 May 97 at 12:22, Keith Duke wrote:

> My question is: Does anyone else see the parallelism of increased group
> cohesive-ness generated by feelings of persecution (real or imagined)
> between the earlier religious sects (i.e. 'Feed the Christians to the
> lions') and the SCA ? (i.e. '"They hate us and don't want us around because
> we're...')

we're a group focused on historical recreation, and it's a historical
fact that any organized minority that exists outside the majorities
"mainstream" views can expect negative attention and persecution ...
so learn to live with and find ways to cope (been doing so in a
number of areas for better than 25 years myself)

basically, it's something that goes with the territory.  one goos way
to look at it is the old "that which does not kill us ..."

'wolf