Beltaine was More Fun

Stephen Pursley herron at oklahoma.net
Tue May 6 18:48:02 PDT 1997

> If you were not at Beltaine in Namron this past weekend, you missed one heck
> of an event!!
>
> There were many acts of random silliness.
>
> One of the best games we played was Raid the Tavern.  Where a contestant came
> in to the bar, killed the barkeep,

Kill the barkeep.  What fun.  You should see the bruises I have.

> drank the"beer" (DRY Site, used water instead),

I have dried out, however.  Amazing how many of the players thought the
idea was to drowned the barkeep, rather than drink the "beer".  By the
way, I think I have been typecast.  Barat as a barkeep, how silly.

> stole the gold, and coerced /carried a tevern server to leave w/
> him.  There  was a prize for the fastest time and a prize for the most
> creative way to finish the course.  Magnus Finehair from Northkeep wwas the
> swiftest fo foot.  And Terric Bearsmountain was the most creative, keeping to
> his persona of a Viking.  And a close runner-up was newcomer Reinhardt von
> Jaeger, who charmed the socks off a lovely lady to leave the tavern w/ him.
>  He was smooth.

And they were nice enough to give the target of much abuse (me that is)
a very nice pouch.  Let’s do it again next year.

     Barat