Peers and students...

Lisa Carter zkr26 at ttacs1.ttu.edu
Thu May 29 12:47:57 PDT 1997

So if this (taking a student) has been a long standing practice when did
it become official within the society?

To continue the same thought, the idea of a mentor is one that
is been around since time begain.  I have even been advise to seek out a
mentor for my mundane occupation.  We all agree that this relationship is
one to nuture and help the student.  Give them that needed push and
confidence.  We all (that is I do), look towards the peers in our game
for insperation.  Taking this off to a different tangent - one could say
that this is not just the job of a peer.  I was speeking with a new commer
the other day and realized that my actions were insperational and
watched.  Not just because I wore a hat, but because each member of our
society shows to others how the game is played.  I know within the first
year of playing I looked towards many of the older player for guidence
and that little push in the right direction.  just a thought that came to
mind.

Learning to Serve the Dream,

Kayleigh Drake
Baroness of Bonwicke