History of Coffee.....

dennis grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Thu May 29 18:08:20 PDT 1997

Nikolas ruminates:

>My persona is Russian, late 1500's in the court of Ivan IV.

>I hope to do some work with it...if possible.  Hummmmm smell those
>beans.....

Ahh, where there's a will et cetera.  I originally took a late 12th c.
persona, from Acre in the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem, solely for the purpose
of putting myself within reach of the aromatic Arabica (got kinda tired of
the bliauts, cyclases, and loose hose, though).  For more (non-SCA slanted)
information on the history of the bean, try

http://cappuccino.com/rd/rdhistor.htm

Caffeinaceously yours,

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace
Dennis Grace
University of Texas at Austin
English Department
Recovering Medievalist

"Oh God comma I abhor self-consciousness."  --JB