ANST - Fighting awards/orders...

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Thu Nov 6 16:24:42 PST 1997

> Pug wrote:
> > 1) Rapier tournaments can not be used to make Royalty.
There are a couple of Palatine Baronies out there, so I would
think they're included.
> > 2) Rapier combat is not "tournament combat". This means that Knights
> >    can't be made due to skill in rapier fighting.
I believe that this is also true.
> > 3) Rapier fighting can not be used as a "measuring stick" for making
> >    *any* armigerous titles.
Given the wide prevalence of such awards in many kingdoms,
the clause should not be construed as meaning that.

Aethelyan wrote:
> Nothing was meant about rapier combat not being a tournament style.
> At least that is how I understood it at the time.
One can certainly hold tourneys based on rapier combat!

You know, this just adds to my firm opinion: Corpora is one of the
most badly-written governing documents I've ever seen.  It has more
ambiguities than the homage and fealty relationships of the Duke of
Normandy and the King of France.

Daniel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com
tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is not a valid address.