ANST - What I learn in College

Lord Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Wed Nov 12 09:03:55 PST 1997

>>I got to thinking about this bathing being decadent ther other day.
>>Think about it from a time management point of view.  To have a hot bath
>>in the home you have to have:
>>
>>1.  A large enough vessel to hold all or most of your body.
>>2.  A rather large amount of water, drawn by hand.
>>3.  A fire.
>>4.  A vessel to heat water in.
>>
>>Now, think how much time  it would take to bath.  Time that good decent
>>(fairly dirty) people could use doing other work that would more
>>directly benefit the family.

Yeah, but that argument never worked with my mother when I was growing
up. She still made me go draw the water to heat on the stove, fill the
#2 washtub and bath.  This was done every Saturday night,  Tuesday
night and Thursday night.

Larkin
===
When your frumenty gets that thin green border around the edge,
it's fimbriated. Don't eat fimbriated frumenty.
                -- Lord Ras and Baron Steffan