ANST - Patent of Arms

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon Nov 10 10:21:47 PST 1997

Sir Barn, knight, Companion of the Orders of the Star of Merit and of
the Iris of Merit, and several other abbreviations I can't recognize,
wrote:
> Daniel; I would really appreciate it if in the future you would
> not refer to the Members of the Chivalry as "mega-stickjocks".

You're quite right.  It was uncalled-for, and I am very sorry.  The
term "stickjock" has unpleasant connotations (as I understand it,
"people interested only in hitting people with sticks and to Hell with
the rest of the SCA"; there may be other bad connotations I'm not
aware of), and I know of many knights with a lot of interests,
service, and arts and sciences knowledge.

Daniel de Lincoln, computer-pushing geek
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com
tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is not a valid address.