ANST - Duck recipe

Margo Lynn Hablutzel Hablutzel at compuserve.com
Sat Nov 22 05:58:23 PST 1997

Something you need to remember is that duck is not bred for meat, and so
you get a lot of bone and grease and not as much meat as on a
comparably-sized chicken or turkey.  You have to be careful to cook the
duck slowly so it does not dry out, and you have to check carefully to be
sure you have enough for servings for all.  Read up in a good cookbook
about duck before starting.

My experience with duck has been rather limited because of this, in
addition to which my family is full of die-hard traditionalists, and I had
an uncle who smoked our turkeys whenever it was their turn to host the
family for Thanksgiving (or any other excuse we could talk him into!).

                                ---= Morgan, newly-arrived lurker

           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
           |/   Morgan Cely Cain * Hablutzel at compuserve.com

        The determining factor: having to attend camping events.
                    So I have a metallic grey sedan.