ANST - If a tree falls in the woods?

Alexis drwise at swbell.net
Sun Oct 12 09:33:53 PDT 1997

Martin, Brian wrote:
 <snip>
>         Finally, while I understand your frustration, I can assure you that
> chastising people or making people feel guilty will not result in
> greater attendance to your future events. I know that you're upset
> over all of the work and planning that went into the event only to
> have 53 people show up to appreciate it but I think that the Loch was
> a victim of circumstances, not apathy. I can assure you that people
> didn't intend to slight the fine Barony of Loch Sollier. You all just
> felt the squeeze of a tight calendar and the slap of bad weather.
>
>         Sincerely,
>         -Pendaran

Greetings Sir Pendaran:

Let me be the first to clarify that my intention in posting my letter
was not to chastize anyone one or any one group, but rather to convey my
frustration that even with  all of the things on the kingdom calendar,
that somehow we must be able to do a better job of accomodating each
other's events.  I personally felt the conflict as I would like to have
made not just Bjornsburg's event (and enjoyed the comradeship I
experienced earlier in the year), but was also prepared to travel up to
Namron for Alrek's and Claryce's elevations and to participate in the
King's Lancer Tournament (as I am trying to participate in every
equestrian event).  Only upon dire threats from our autocrat did I
forbear to leave our region.
If anyone can come up with a way to help coordinate the calendar in
order avoid this situation in the future, I will be the first to lend
what support I can to implement it.

Alexis LaBouche

p.s. if you can find a way to deal with the weather, just keep me
posted.  (This year we renamed the event Tourney IN the Loch).