ANST - If a tree falls in the woods?

Ghislaine Fontaneau/Elayne Hoover elyh at wcc.net
Sun Oct 12 22:56:33 PDT 1997

Pendaran provided, as a reason for poor attendance at an SCA event:

> 3.) Ren Fair: As far as I'm concerned, there's no choice between an
> SCA event and going to a Ren Fair. The SCA event will win out every
> time. However, many groups depend on the Ren Fair for money and new
> members. Like it or not Ren Fair was probably a draw against your
> event.

Shopping!!!  Did you forget shopping?  There are many items that SCA
merchants do not provide regularly which can be purchased at a Ren
Fair.  For example, shoes; I really cannot make my own pair of leather
shoes (not that talented--or patient) and I've never met an SCA merchant
who sold shoes.  I could order from a catalog, but then I'd have to risk
poor quality.  So I save my money all year to go to a Ren Fair and
outifit myself with all the stuff I've been needing.  Fortunately, I was
able to go (last weekend) to a Ren Fair and now I have everything I've
been needing for *years*.  Now I can concentrate on making a new list of
I-wants.

Ghia

--
Madame Ghislaine Fontanneau