ANST - If a tree falls in the woods?

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Mon Oct 13 12:00:06 PDT 1997

Alexis wrote:
> frustration that even with  all of the things on the kingdom calendar,
> that somehow we must be able to do a better job of accomodating each
> other's events.  I personally felt the conflict as I would like to have
> made not just Bjornsburg's event (and enjoyed the comradeship I
> experienced earlier in the year), but was also prepared to travel up to
> Namron for Alrek's and Claryce's elevations and to participate in the
> King's Lancer Tournament (as I am trying to participate in every
> equestrian event).  Only upon dire threats from our autocrat did I
> forbear to leave our region.
> If anyone can come up with a way to help coordinate the calendar in
> order avoid this situation in the future, I will be the first to lend
> what support I can to implement it.

Well, Namron Protectorate is Columbus Day weekend every year; that's
in Kingdom Law, last I looked.  Groups can schedule their events to
conflict with it if they want to, but they must be aware that it's
one of the Big Events, like Steppes Warlord, where a LOT of stuff
goes on.  Unfortunately, the Loch chose to undergo this conflict.

- Galen of Bristol
Who had a great time years ago in the rain,
at a Tourney by the Loch, but has just
never made it back.