ANST - If a tree falls in the woods?

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Tue Oct 14 10:15:51 PDT 1997

Martin, Brian wrote:

>         3.) Ren Fair: As far as I'm concerned, there's no choice between an
> SCA event and going to a Ren Fair. The SCA event will win out every
> time. However, many groups depend on the Ren Fair for money and new
> members. Like it or not Ren Fair was probably a draw against your
> event.

Caution, major button here <g>.

Renfair is our major new member draw precisely because we don't recruit
anywhere else.  We're spoiled.  Groups in areas that don't have a
Renfair manage to do just fine without one.

As for the money, it's been several years since we've earned money out
there.  It now costs us to be there.

--Perronnelle