ANST - group names

Ghislaine Fontaneau/Elayne Hoover elyh at wcc.net
Tue Oct 14 02:20:01 PDT 1997

Evelyn Alden wrote:

> >I'd love to hear about how other groups came up with their group
> >names and possibly add them to my placenames-msg file.
> >
> >Stefan li Rous
> >markh at risc.sps.mot.com
>
> Well, chiming in from Calontir,

*snip*

> Forgotten Sea - Well, legend has it there was a sea there a loooong time
> ago, (like when dinosaurs roamed the earth) but we've all forgotten : )
*snip*

Makes me think that Adlersrhue ought to have been named Forgotten
Mountains.  Supposedly there are [prehistoric] mountains *underground*
in the Amarillo, TX area.  You wouldn't know it to look at it today
(flat, flat, flat, flat, flat...).  I don't know what "Adlersrhue"
actually means.  I grew up there, and no-one ever seemed to know....

Ghia

--
Madame Ghislaine Fontanneau
elyh at wcc.net