ANST - THE System (was: Systems was ECS )

Carl Hess cjhess at uai-unger.com
Wed Oct 15 13:18:32 PDT 1997

<contents snipped in the name of bandwidth.

Ches wrote:

> Very interesting! New topic!
>
> What kind of theoretical system would you all come up with?
>
> What, if you could write one up, would you say is the system today vs.
> what it was 15 years ago?

Mmmmm.  It look like trap, Lone Ranger.  Me go into town first and get beat
up.  :)

Well, I'd say THE system, like any system (e.g. - work, school, social
group, etc.) is based upon who you know, your appearance, the quality of
your contributions, and how you treat others -- in that order.

How's THAT for gas on the campfire?  :-D

How *I* would design a system from scratch is another topic, but I would
have as little subjective criteria for advancement as possible.  I think
that subjective criteria only leads to hurt feelings, mis-understanding,
and in extreme cases, vengeance.

Merrily Skipping Through the Dry Grass and Weeds,

C. Scipio Await His Fate

(a poet and didn't know it)